Last week I stated on my IG story that I would challenge myself to go thrifting and find two outfits to post for Fashion Friday. If you wanna see what I purchased click the link ——-> https://youtu.be/Kgqficn41jI to watch.
I want everyone to know that it’s not where you shop, it’s how you style your pieces. If you pick basic pieces you’ll be able to style it with different items from your closet. You should pick items you can pair more than once, that’s the key.
All the clothing was purchased from the thrift store which totaled up to $25 dollars. The shirt (robe) was $4.99, jeans was $7, bag was $4.99 and the necklace was $8.
Here are some easy thrift store tips to follow when you go thrifting.
1.Write a list of the things you are looking for before you go shopping.
2. Go Early when you have energy to sift through things.
3. Wear clothing that is easy to remove so you can try the items on.
4. Never be afraid to shop in the Mens section. I find a lot of jeans and graphic tees in that section.
5. Try to look for items that are in style now. But, most importantly look for staple pieces that can be worn multiple ways .
6. Make sure you wash all items before you wear them.
7. Oh yea and Have Fun!
I hope my tips make it easier for you to go thrifting if you haven’t gone before. Happy thrifting guys.
THRIFT STORE :
SHIRT(robe), JEANS, BAG, NECKLACE
SHOEDAZZLE : HEELS
SHADES: FOREVER 21